At The McKinnon Centre, we help you harness the power of your mind to discover and reach your full potential through counselling and psychotherapy, grief therapy, hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
Perhaps you want to improve your emotional well-being, change habits, think more positively, restore a sense of calm, be more mindful or achieve a goal. We can help you.
You already possess within you everything that is necessary to improve your emotional well-being and reach your goals. We offer proven tools and techniques that will help you open up that pathway to change and success.
When seeking professional services, experience and qualifications matter. Founder and President, Michelle McKinnon, has been helping clients in Stratford and surrounding areas for more than two decades. Her wealth of practical experience is bolstered by university degrees in Social Work and Psychology, as well as a host of accreditations in counselling, therapy, hypnosis and grief counselling. She is qualified, caring and approachable. If you have any questions, just give her a call.
B.A., M.S.W., R.S.W., CH
Founder and President, The McKinnon Centre
I’m here to help you achieve your goals and feel the true joy that we all deserve. Life is a journey of discovery … about life, ourselves, others, the planet, knowledge, spirituality, relationships, happiness and so much more.
It is important to acknowledge your emotions, look for the positives, enjoy the moment, be purposeful about your goals and desires, take positive steps toward your goals, use your imagination and creativity and take time for yourself to foster healing, insight, compassion, connection, growth, meaning and rejuvenation.
I am always amazed how only one small change leads to many other changes for ourselves and those around us, much like a ripple created from a drop of rain hitting the lake affects the surrounding water.
Start a new journey of discovery today.
I look forward to meeting you!
• Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, with a Master’s degree in Social Work and an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology
• Comprehensive Grief and Bereavement Studies Certificate, University of Western Ontario
• Member of the Bereavement Ontario Network
• Advanced Certificate from University of Toronto in Clinical Hypnosis
• Certified Consulting Hypnotist (National Guild of Hypnotists)
• Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
• Member of the Canadian Society for Clinical Hypnosis, Ontario Division
• Extensive experience as a Social Worker/ Counsellor/ Therapist for over 23 years, working at a variety of hospitals and settings, including mental health, cancer care, palliative care, grief and bereavement, primary care, and in private practice
• Compassionate, caring, positive and motivational
Hypnosis and hypnotherapy are used to help with many concerns including anxiety, fears/phobias (such as flying), panic disorder, chronic pain, stress reduction, irritable bowel syndrome, feeling emotionally stuck, changing habits (such as smoking cessation), building confidence and more.
Counselling and psychotherapy are used to help improve emotional well-being (including feeling depressed, anxious, fearful, stuck), pain management, coping with illness, stress management, learning meditation and mindfulness.
Grief counselling and therapy are used to help process a loss, work through the feeling of being “stuck” or if grieving becomes more of a struggle. Grief happens when you have had a loss of a person or pet. Grief is also experienced in other life situations such as job loss, relationship ending, illness, etc.